Friday, May 5, 2017

Friday Five

Happy Cinco de Mayo!  I have no fiestas in my future to celebrate- just a hair appointment after school - but it's a beautiful May Friday and I can't wait for the weekend.

Here are a few things that caught my eye this week:





1.  New Balance - I showed these shoes to my girls who were less than impressed.  I love the colors. I love the retro look.  The price tag is a bit more than I want on these, but aside from that, they are great.






2.  JCrew Fringe Tunic





3.  Denim Vest - I think it was about twenty years ago that my mom and I were discussing vests. She was of the belief that they were a passing trend.  Well, here we are twenty years later, and vests are still everywhere.  I bought a denim vest from Eddie Bauer during my senior year of college.  This JCrew vest is more fitted, but it just goes to show that some things never go out of style









4.  Uniqlo Down Vest -despite the fact that it was already getting warmer when I bought a navy uniqlo vest over spring break, I've worn it a ton and think that this fall I need to get another one - or two. Uniqlo still has them on their website along with other down items.  








5.  Princess Charlotte turns 2 -this picture is the only released for the princess' birthday.  It was enough for People magazine to feature Charlotte on their cover this week. I love looking at pictures of the royal children.




6.  Finders Keepers - I heard about this Netflix documentary on the podcast The Popcast.  Jamie from the Popcast was very upfront in saying the description of this show would turn people off, yet it is one of the top five documentaries she has ever watched.  I agree...the description won't necessarily lure you in, but once you start watching, you won't be disappointed.





So how about you? What's caught your eye?

1 comment:

Ti said...

Okay, I saw that pic of little Charlotte and she is adorable. She looks just like her brother.

My find this week: https://us.havaianas.com/women-sandals/you-metallic-sandal-dark-brown.html

I love the bronze-y brown of the metallic. Not too flashy. Could be worn with many things.