Tuesday, March 28, 2017

TLC Book Tour: Mississippi Blood

Mississippi Blood is the third in Greg Iles' trilogy that began with Natchez Burning and continued in The Bone Trees.  This last novel is just as action packed and full of suspense as the first two.





My husband and I rarely read the same books, but this trilogy is an exception.  And while I enjoyed all of the books, my husband LOOOOOOVVVVEEEED this series.  

I'll read just about anything, so I'm not a particularly hard sell when it comes to book, but my husband is very picky.  And these books stood up to all of his criteria for great reading.  In fact, he asked months before Mississippi Blood arrived in the mail when it would be coming.  Now, after reading all three in the series, he talks about re-reading them.  

It's not very often that a book (or series) can be placed on your "best ever" list, but these books are on that list of my husband's.

Mississippi Blood is a continuation of the first two novels, so reading the first two books in the series will be important to understanding this third installment.

Penn Cage is watching his family being destroyed around him.  His father is about to be tried for the murder of his former nurse, Viola (which occurred in the first book) and Penn would like to help exonerate his father. However, he isn't being allowed to help Dr. Cage, who seems hellbent on destroying his own life.  

Secrets are revealed as Penn teams up with a writer who has come to Natchez to write about his father's case. 

Page turning is an understatement when I describe Mississippi Blood - and even though there are plenty of pages to turn- I was still sad when this book was over.

Thanks to TLC Book Tours for providing a copy of this book for my review.  All opinions expressed are, as always, my own.




For more information, visit HarperCollins website.

1 comment:

Heather J @ TLC Book Tours said...

I love that you and your husband both read and enjoyed this series - what a fun experience to read and discuss books with your significant other!

Thanks for being a part of the tour.