Tuesday, February 21, 2017

TLC Book Tour: The Possessions

What a book!  I have been at the state wrestling tournament this past weekend. Unlike some people who worry about what clothing to pack, I am more concerned with which books should make the trip with me.  I am so glad I tucked The Possessions into my bag.  I found myself absorbed in reading, not watching wrestling, and couldn't help but take this book out any chance I had.







Edie works as a body for the Elysian Society.  She helps her clients connect with their loved ones who have passed away, and she is good at what she does. After working as a body for five years, she is the Elysian Society's longest lasting employee.

When she meets Patrick who wants to get in touch with his wife, Sylvia, who died under suspicious circumstances, she is taken with this beautiful, glamorous couple.  Edie is successful at her job because of her detachment from her clients. Yet, she can't help but be interested in Patrick.  As she gets to know him, she begins to ask questions about what happened to his wife, and can't help but wish that she could have him for herself.

There is some paranormal activity in this novel, that would normally not be my cup of tea. But, it works well.  This book is also a little bit creepy, and suspenseful and easy to read.  Flannery Murphy reveals little bits and pieces of what the Elysian Society is throughout the novel, eventually giving the full picture of Edie's profession. In the same way, bits of Edie's past are also revealed and readers finally have a fuller picture of this woman.

I have lots of friends I want to read The Possessions. Flannery Murphy's book was also chosen as a February Book of the Month selection, a well deserved honor.

Thanks to TLC Books for providing a copy of this book for my review.  All opinions expressed are, as always, my own.


For more information visit HarperCollins website.

2 comments:

Kay said...

I chose this as my Book Of The Month selection and have my copy here. That cover! I'm not a lipstick wearer - just lip balm - but wow. Very glamorous. And I want to understand what a 'body' is. I'll be reading this one soon.

Heather J @ TLC Book Tours said...

Ha! I know exactly what you mean - I sometimes get lost in a book at my son's ice hockey tournaments instead of watching the games. :)

Thanks for being a part of the tour!