Friday, January 13, 2017

Friday Five: A Hodge Podge of Things

Happy Friday!  As you look through this week's Friday Five, you'll notice I didn't shop online for clothes this week much at all.  I did, however, find several things that caught my eye.  





1. Women's Ultra Light Down Compact Vest - this vest was recommended to me (and every other podcast listener) by Gretchen Rubin and her sister Elizabeth Craft on their Happier podcast.  It comes in a variety of colors and at this point I'm holding off ordering it, but am not sure how much longer I can hold out. The two of them raved about it.








2.  Side Hustle School  - and that Gretchen Rubin. She did it again. I am now listening to another podcast she recommended. This is one that airs every day but is only 5-10 minutes long and focuses on side jobs where people made money and how they got their ideas. I love it and I'm still waiting for my inspiration to come so I can have my own side hustle.






3.  Bosu Ball - we used these in our exercise class a few times now. I could buy one for at home, but know it would sit around and not get used. And they are pricey.  Target is selling them for $99. However, they do provide some interesting workout options.



4.  Faux Fur Stool at Target - there have been variations of this a Target for a while.  I think I just need to bite the bullet and get one since it would be useful in our living room.



5.  For my birthday my husband gave me a Buff after he received one himself. I'm practicing on a variety of styles I can wear it.  On Monday my daughter helped me fix it like a hat, but told me I should take it off before I picked her up from ice skating lessons. I guess that wasn't my best look.  





6. US Postage Stamps honoring Ezra Jack Keats - and since my kindergarten kids are reading The Snowy Day now, and Amazon Prime also features a movie version of this, I am super excited about the stamps. Ezra Jack Keats' book is one I remember from my own childhood.  
  



And that's it.  I am sure I will have more clothing items that make it to the Friday Five by next week. And, if you have anything that's caught your eye this week, I'd love to hear about it.

1 comment:

Ti said...

I could never wear a Buff and look okay. At camp last summer it was so darn hot that I did end up wrapping something around my head. I looked like hell, felt like hell and I just didn't care anymore.

Hey. Remember how I wanted new tennis shoes? I finally bought some on cyber Monday from Nordstrom Rack for... $22. I got the white / silver ones! http://www.ladyfootlocker.com/product/model:265549/sku:553425C/converse-all-star-madison-ox-womens/white/silver/