Tuesday, December 13, 2016

2016 Harper Collins Christmas Picture Books

I love getting packages from Harper Collins in the mail. And I love Christmas books.  



Prissy and Pop Deck the Halls by Melissa Nicholson
Prissy and Pop: Big Day Out was a hit with my daughter and my summer school students. I've fallen in love a little myself and enjoy following them on instagram. So, I was excited to see that Prissy and Pop Deck the Halls was being published for the holidays. I love, love, love the photographs of these cute little piggies and so do kids.





Clark the Shark Loves Christmas by Bruce Hale
My nephew absolutely loves Clark and this new installment to this series of books will be a huge hit.  Clark's class is having a Secret Santa gift exchange. Clark is so curious about who will be getting a gift for him that he forgets to get a gift for someone.  A fun holiday book with a familiar character and a little lesson thrown in about giving to others.




Christmas in the Barn by Margaret Wise Brown and illustrated by Anna Dewdney
If you're looking for a more traditional Christmas story, this republication of Margaret Wise Brown's book illustrated by the woman who created the Llama Llama books is the book for you.  Christmas in the Barn is the nativity story as told through a child's eyes.  This is a fantastic book to add to any Christmas collection

I've got so many Christmas books I love to get out during this time of year.  Harper Collins has managed to help my collection grow even larger.



No comments: