Tuesday, July 19, 2016

It's Time For A Jane Green Novel

There are some authors that publish very regularly.  As a person who doesn't like surprises, I can appreciate that.  Jane Green is an author I can count on to release a book every spring/summer that satisfies the women's fiction reader in me.




Some books are more enjoyable than others, but Green is an author I can count on and enjoy.

In Falling, Emma has relocated once from England to New York to pursue a career. Now Emma realizes that a life filled with work isn't exactly what she wants, either.  She moves once again to a small town in Connecticut with no firm plans but a few ideas.

She rents a house from Dominic, a single dad who happens to live right next door.  

At this point you can probably see where this is going. and you wouldn't be wrong.  If you are hoping for a novel with lots of twists and turns and surprises, Falling is not for you.  

However, the path to happiness does not go in a straight line, and Green throws many challenges at Dominic and Emma, some of which they can overcome. 

I enjoyed Falling, and I enjoy the familiarity of an author I read often and whose work I am familiar with.

I'll keep reading Jane Green as long as she keeps writing.

No comments: