Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Since She Went Away


I have been pleasantly entertained by Since She Went Away by David Bell. Prior to reading this novel of suspense I had never heard of Bell, who has a few other titles to his credit.  

This is a solid mystery, centering around the disappearance of Jenna's best friend, Celia, who disappeared from a park where the two were to meet late one night.





Jenna misses her best friend and tries to be of help to Celia's daughter, Ursula, who is the same age as Jenna's teenage son, Jared.  But Ursula isn't an easy child.  Jared is also dealing with his own teenage issues. His girlfriend breaks up with him because her dad is so controlling he won't let her out of his sight.

Things get more interesting when Jared's girlfriend and her father disappear, and Jenna realizes that the man is wanted for the murder of his wife.

Bell's story is suspenseful and reads quickly.  I wanted to know what happened to Celia, but I was also intrigued about the story centering around Jared's girlfriend and her father, and the possibility that these two stories were related somehow.

Bell is a new-to-me author and I'm excited to see that he has other books published already so I can continue to enjoy his work without having to wait for something new to be published.

No comments: