Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day and Summer Reading

Happy Memorial Day!  I'm feeling fortunate to have a three day weekend, even though the end of the school year is still two weeks away.  





Memorial Day is always the time of year I associate with the start of my summer reading.  And apparently lots of people think that way. There are tons of summer reading lists out there.

I've got a few titles that would make great summer books (or any time of the year books for that matter), and am sharing several links for other summer reading lists as well.  

Enjoy!


Debut Novel
This debut novel blew me away. A full review is coming, but just know that I fully expect this book to be one of the best I read this year.  




Memoir
I met Nora McInerney Purmort at BEA and also have a review of this book coming on Wednesday. I love this memoir, which made me smile as Purmort captures what it's like to go through life's ups and downs perfectly.



Something Fun
I read this in one sitting.  I thoroughly enjoyed this smart novel about an assistant who, despite committing a crime, is still likeable - and someone I wanted to succeed.



For Fans of Michael Crichton or The Martian
The gentleman I sat next to on the shuttle bus to our hotel at BEA was raving about Dark Matter, which frankly didn't interest me much. It was the last book I picked up before departing from the conference, and I read the entire thing while my friend, Kristin, drove us home.  It is fantastic!!  I can hardly wait to talk about this one with other readers.




A Novel (or Two)  I Can't Wait to Read
Liane Moriarty has never let me down, and I can't wait to read her newest novel. If you haven't read her other books, it's time to check them out. The same can be said for Beatriz Williams' books.  Absolutely fantastic!





And other great summer book lists:

USA Today Summer Book List

30 Books You Should Read This Summer- Chicago Tribune

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's List of 100 Books For Your Summer Reading List

The Modern Mrs. Darcy's Summer Reading Guide

2016 Summer Reading Guide from Sarah's Bookshelves

2016 Summer Reading Guide from Horn Book

Books on the Nightstand Summer Bingo Card

Publisher's Weekly Best Summer Books 2016


1 comment:

Gerbera Daisy Diaries said...

Liane Moriarty!!! Squee!!!