It's Memorial Day Weekend and normally we would be very close to finishing school. This year, however, we started a bit later in the fall. That means I am not done until June 10. It seems like forever away from now. My girls aren't done until June 7th and were a little disgruntled this morning, jealous of the neighboring districts who are finished up.
I'm guessing there are some great Memorial Day sales this weekend, but I have found a few things this week that have caught my eye. I'm trying to not purchase anything right now, so I may have to delete all the email offers that come in over the weekend without even looking at them.
1. Vintage Soft Split Neck Top - this comes in a few colors and looks very comfy. I've read the reviews which are also positive.
2. Star Mela Lina Embroidered Tunic Dress With Pockets - Big Mama featured this one on her blog and I instantly fell in love with it. However, it's out of my price range, especially since I rarely wear dresses.
3. Protect California Yosemite National Park T-Shirt - Who doesn't enjoy wearing a T-shirt? This is one on the Tailgate website, but honestly, I could have picked any of the shirts they have right now.
Iowa Vintage Basketball T - I remember the original Iowa Basketball shirts that looked like this. I know they are vintage at this point, but I'd love to have one of these.
4. Ask Me Another Podcast - I'm always on the hunt for a good podcast. This one is a quiz show. Several little mini games are played which then culminates into one final round. Each episode also features a guest. I like using my brain to attempt to play along with the contestants. And, the other day as I was listening to Ask Me Another while driving home with my daughters, they asked if we could drive around a while until the game that was on concluded. They are a tough audience, and Ask Me Another won them over.
5. Hebrew National Hot Dogs - I don't love hot dogs, but every once in a while a hot dog sounds like a great idea. My mom's college friend introduced them to my mom when she was visiting, and since then that's all she buys. I've been over a few times when she has them grilled, and I admit that I do enjoy them. And since it is Memorial Day weekend, and people might be grilling, these hot dogs seemed like a great food to spotlight.
So, what's caught your eye this week?