Friday, August 28, 2015

Friday Five



Whoa! What a week!  I've been back for nearly the full week now, and am still alive, so I guess that's a success.  

The girls started school yesterday, and students will be reporting to my school on Monday morning.  

I didn't have as much time to spend shopping but there are still plenty of things I enjoyed.


1.  Woman in Gold

I rarely watch television, and it's even more rare for me to sit down and watch a movie, but I've been wanting to see this one ever since my mom told me how good it was. I agree. It's excellent.  In brief: based on a real-life story of a woman who seeks restitution from the Austrian government for the artwork (valued at over $100 million) that was taken from her family by the Nazis.

2.  Joule Women's Lightweight Sweatshirt, Floral





I love Boden, a British company, and now that I know about Joule, I also love them.  This floral sweatshirt has a hood on back and a narrower torso, so it's not too square of boxy.  I'd love to add this to my wardrobe.




My older girls are at that age where they are enjoying looking and experimenting with a few beauty products.  They don't wear makeup regularly yet, but Middle Sister is way (too) into doing her hair, and I can see her loving a box like this that arrives every month.  Christmas is only a few months away, so I'm keeping it in mind for a possible gift.




I saw this at Von Maur last week when I went with a friend.  I don't think I'd have a lot of opportunity to wear a poncho, but I loved the look of this one.  




It must be nearing fall. There are some beautiful sweaters out there. I always love Sundance's selection of sweaters, but wish they wouldn't be priced as high as they are.

And, since my internet surfing time is limited right now, that's it for this week.  What's caught your eye this past week?

1 comment:

waltzbrew said...

Your girls will love ibBeautiful!! Angelle and KD always looked forward to their box coming every month.