Thursday, July 2, 2015

TLC Book Tour: Heavy Weather

Normandie Fischer's Heavy Weather is another series I'm coming to late, and this second installment was a pleasure to read (as well as working well as a stand alone novel).



Hannah is out walking her dog one day when she comes upon two young children hiding in the bushes by their house.  This leads her to find their mother, Annie Mac, beaten by her estranged husband Roy Bingham.

Annie is taken to the hospital, the authorities began looking for Roy, and the children are given to Hannah temporarily as she is honoring the wishes of their mother, this woman she has just met.

Because of Hannah's involvement with Annie's children, soon she is taken in by the circle of friends Hannah has, even recovering at the police lieutenant's home.  

And while Annie is getting better, Roy continues to look for her, trying to get his daughter, Katie from her.

Although the drama centers around Annie, Hannah and her friends have their own stories that are woven into Heavy Weather, giving a little more depth to them - perhaps for future books in this series.

The southern setting is felt throughout the story as is the religious message and focus.

This is the second novel in two days that reminds me of the Cape Light series, a nice story with good characters that is fun to read and reacquaint myself with as each installment in the series is published.



Thanks to TLC Book Tours for providing a copy of Heavy Weather for review. The opinions expressed, are as always, my own.

3 comments:

Normandie Fischer said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and review Heavy Weather. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I suppose, based on the comparison, I should take a look at the Cape Light series you mentioned!

Heather J @ TLC Book Tours said...

I'm pleased to see how much you enjoyed this book. Thanks for being a part of the tour!

Ti said...

Doesn't sound like my cup of tea although the Southern setting would appeal to me.