Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sunday Salon

Is the 4th of July really behind us already? Every year I know that once we celebrate the 4th, school is just around the corner. In fact, last night while I made a quick Wal-Mart run I noticed that the aisles devoted to back to school stuff were being stocked.  

Most of my mom's siblings were back over this past weekend.  We had a short get together at the farm (the same farm where they all grew up and where my mom still lives) and ate some great food. It is nearly bed time now and I am still stuffed.  

 My mom with two of her brothers and her sister


The youngest grandchild, Baby N - levitating in the corn field- or perhaps her dad is holding her up?

 Nine grandchildren

Five Otto siblings - only one brother is missing

We'll be gone the next few days to the Wisconsin Dells for our family vacation.  I have never been there before, so I'm not sure what to expect.  I'm not sure I'm excited about all the water slides my daughters have shown me on the internet, but I would love to get away for a few days and read a few books and relax.  I did see there is a jacuzzi in our condo, which sounds very relaxing.

How about you? What do you have planned for the week?


2 comments:

Ti said...

The Dells looks like a lot of fun but it also looks SO overwhelming! I can't wait to hear what you thought of it.

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

Oh to have such a special place to return to each year. I love the photo of your niece levitating from the corn.