Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sunday Salon


Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. My husband is really enjoying his day (insert sarcasm) by building us our kitchen table.  


He's made a lot of progress and is hoping he gets it stained yet tonight.

As a Father's Day treat, the girls and I made him a chocolate peanut butter pie.  Way back in 1996 I made this for him while we were dating. I haven't made it since, but I've heard an awful lot about it.  I remember thinking this was a horribly challenging recipe (which is why I avoided it for the past 18 years), but whipped it up quickly last night. This goes to show how my cooking skills have progressed.  Back then I was challenged by mac and cheese. I kid you not.  



This is quite the delicious, rich dessert. I managed to eat the remnants from Middle and Little Sister's plates and was already on sugar overload.

And speaking of sugar overload....


This is the haul from the first parade of the summer. I had to work at the library yesterday, but my mom took my girls to the Grump Days parade and this is what they returned home with. 

I've only been on summer break for three days, but already we've had a bonfire with friends, water balloon fights, and had free malts at the bank to celebrate June as National Dairy Month. I've been reading a lot, so today I am making my "to do" list of projects I need to get done by the time I go back to school.  Summer flies by too fast!

I'm nearly ready to fire up the grill, and then get busy with some cleaning out.  Hopefully there will be time to settle in to read Jane Green's latest novel (a quick read), and perhaps watch Monument Men, which I've rented.

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone!

1 comment:

Ti said...

Sounds like your summer is off to a good start!! When we went to lunch for Father's Day, JetBlue was giving samples out of their new premiere food service and they made me a mint julep that I wanted seconds and thirds of. I actually did drink. It was just so summery and so lovely out and it set the mood for my day. Funny how just a simple drink can do that. Much like drinks at the bank!