Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Must Eat Breakfast

I used to eat oatmeal for breakfast pretty routinely. For the past few years I had moved on to fruit and peanut butter, or a Clif bar instead. Occasionally I would return to oatmeal, but that seemed to happen only when I couldn't find anything else to eat.


Now thanks to Pinterest I have come across an oatmeal recipe I love. 

1 can pumpkin
2 eggs
1/2 cup brown sugar

Stir.

2 1/2 cups oatmeal
1 1/2 cups almond milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon

Stir.

Pour into an 8x8 pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.  

This is way too much for one day, so I put it in a container and then reheat some for breakfast each morning.  I know. Re-heated oatmeal.  It just sounds disgusting. And apparently it didn't look too good either because my mom totally rejected it when I tried to give her some.  But don't judge. It tastes just fine reheated. I promise.

No comments: