Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sunday Salon


Today we had baptism for my new niece, Nola.  I am a godparent along with my sister (who couldn't make it for the service because she was scheduled to work), and my sister-in-law's sister.  We had a tasty brunch after church.


My girls (Big Sister holding Nola) and their cousins

Later in the day we headed to a local production of Junie B. Jones, Jingle Bells, Batman Smells.  We know three people in the cast, and enjoyed it greatly. I had already seen it on Wednesday with some students from school because one of our students (Jose, below) played the part of Jose.  


I have been reading Amy Tan's new book, The Valley of Amazement all weekend.  I'm still not done - it's 580 pages- but I am really enjoying it.  

Right now I am baking a sweet potato, corn, black bean and avocado recipe to be served on tortillas.  After that gets done I am planning on running for a bit on the treadmill. I've been doing a lot of eating lately, and not so much exercising.  Definitely not how I should be heading into the holiday season.

No construction/destruction yet on our kitchen project. We did hear that perhaps they would start last Friday at the earliest.  So, the time should come soon.  I am trying to use up some food that we have, but still bought groceries today since we do have to eat this week. 

It's starting to feel like winter here, too. Just 21 degrees today for a high.  The humid 95 degree weather can come right on back. I love it that way!  Sadly, this is only November, so we have several months to endure before any heatwave will be occurring.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving week planned - simply watching television and reading sound like fine activities to me.


1 comment:

Ti said...

So you won't have your kitchen for Thanksgiving? You must be heading out somewhere.

I am off this week and today I hope to be as lazy as possible but the rest of the week will be prepping for the big meal, as well as getting stuff organized for Christmas. I often find that when I have free time I tend to fill it with chores but it makes me feel good to have stuff in order.

I started Murakami's Sputnik Sweetheart yesterday and had to force myself to put it down and not read straight through. I am reading it with a few others and I totally did not expect to be so taken with it.

It stinks though because the kids still have rehearsal for Oliver this week, so tonight we will be braving the cold (cold for California) and heading out for that. The Girl is in school until Wed and the boy is in school through Wed.