Friday, August 2, 2013

Road Trip



For the next three days I'll be shut off from technology. There is a small chance I might be able to check my email, but I'm not counting on it.  Earlier this month I had posts already planned while I was on vacation in South Dakota and Montana. But no such luck this time.  I've spent more time in the car than at home this past week (at least it sure feels that way!) That has seriously cut into reading and blogging time.  I have also had to work on a class I am taking and have been back at school a few times since next Wednesday is the first day back.  

So you can tell I'm feeling a little busy.  What to do when you already feel stressed? Road trip!
(That is not at all what I would do if I feel stressed, but this trip was planned by my mother and uncle and my brother, sister, and I can't back out now).


We'll be leaving at 5 AM tomorrow morning on a 6 hour car ride.  We'll then take a ferry from Wisconsin to Michigan, across Lake Michigan for four hours.  And then, we will drive another hour to my uncle's home in Elberta.  It should be beautiful. 

The bad news is we are only staying for a day.  We will turn around on Monday and drive home.

My sister and I will be with her son and my girls in a vehicle, while my brother, mother and my brother's four kids will be in another vehicle.  We've never all traveled together before, so hopefully it is enjoyable.  I am also hoping to read for a while in the car. Notice that none of our spouses are coming along.  Hmmmm...... we certainly invited them.  While my husband did say that Elberta should be awesome, he could not take more time off from work since we have already vacationed and he was gone then.  Same story for my brother-in-law.  My sister-in-law is pregnant and can't imagine spending that much time in a car and being uncomfortable. 

Ah, well.  They just don't know what they are missing out on.  

I'll be back on Tuesday to review some books and let everyone know about my trip.

No comments: