Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday Salon

The past week has been unusually cool here - so much so that we haven't ventured to the pool even once. After the 20 hour car trip home from vacation we have hung out at home a bit more this week, happy to just hang out.

Friday night my mom and I took the girls to a musical by a local theater.  9 to 5 was this summer's big production.  I loved the movie starring Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin and Dolly Parton. The play was good - funny and entertaining.

Yesterday my sister and I took my mom to see Jersey Boys in Des Moines.  We had bought her tickets for Mother's Day last year.  The show was wonderful, and music my mother remembers from her own high school years.

I also visited Whole Foods for the first time.  I loved looking around at this grocery store and found a few items that were fun to try out.  We are busy munching on their cranberry/walnut bread today.

It is probably a good thing that I spent time at home last week. This coming week is going to be spent largely in the car.  Tuesday we are making our yearly trip to Adventureland with some college friends.  On Wednesday I am driving to the Twin Cities to go to IKEA and begin Big Sister's room re-do.  Thursday brings another trip to Des Moines since my sister bought tickets for Big Sister to see Taylor Swift in concert for her 12th birthday.  And, on Saturday we travel to the northern part of the lower peninsula of Michigan to visit my uncle and aunt.  I won't always be the driver, so I hope to get a bit of reading in.

Only 10 days until I go back to work.  There are so many things I wanted to do this summer that just haven't happened, and I have felt busy the whole time.  But it is always good to get back into a routine and I have been pondering different things I want to do with my classes this year. I plan on enjoying this last little bit of summer and get as much reading in as I can.

How about you?  What are you up to this week?

No comments: