Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sunday Salon

It's nearly time to begin our bedtime routine tonight, which means my Sunday has flown by. After church we have spent the entire day cleaning. Ugh.  We are having our house appraised tomorrow since we are refinancing and planning a kitchen remodel. Unfortunately we are not one of those families that has a house that looks like something out of a magazine.  We have too many piles of stuff lying around. I have too many books all over the place. My kids have junk everywhere, despite repeated reminders to put things away.  Clothes need to be folded, bathrooms cleaned, floors mopped, carpet stains dealt with.  We have made a lot of progress. But we aren't done yet.

I can admit this to you since my husband doesn't read my blog:  when he went to town I did rest for a bit and finish off Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg and Until I Say Goodbye by Susan Spencer-Wendell.  At least I have a few reviews I will be able to write this week.  

I made it through five days of Next Level Xtreme Fitness this past week. I didn't work out at all this weekend, which leaves me feeling slightly guilty, but tomorrow is a new day.  Unfortunately because of work commitments I can only make it to the NLXF class three days this week.  There is nothing I can do about this, so I'll have to be OK with it.

Yesterday my dad's older sister and two of her children, my cousins, came to visit my dad. This is the first time they have seen him since his rapid decline. We had a good visit with them, but my dad was removed from the whole situation and spent his time walking around. He doesn't really visit anymore and barely responds to any questions.  

We're down to just six more weeks of school which seems incredible, especially since we woke to a little bit of snow on the ground on Friday.  

I'm hoping to wrap up our housecleaning shortly and finally sit down with Dirt Work, my next read.  
What are your plans for the week?

1 comment:

Suey said...

Sounds like you have too many crazy things going on! I agree that it's impossible that there's only six weeks of school left. Wow wow wow.