Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sunday Salon

Tomorrow is the first day back with students at school. It was great to ease gently into the work routine again by having some work days, but I'm not sure I'm really ready for classes all day long each day this week. 

We have still been dealing with my dad's dementia and trying to determine what is liveable and realistic for my mom.  Right now we have a "babysitter" that spends the days with him while my mom is at work.  When she gets home the unfortunate part is that she often has to drive him around since he thinks he needs to go home.  He also spends a great deal of time packing his things during the day, so she also has that mess to deal with.  Things are definitely in the works to find something more permanent in the near future. Right now, though, it is not much fun. 

Although I didn't join any reading challenges this year, I did set an exercise goal.  I work out most mornings before school and also on weekends. Some days are better than others.  However, recently when I saw a friend's facebook post that ran 900 miles in 2012, I decided to try and run 1,000 miles in 2013.  I'm not sure I can do it, but am going to give it a try.  I would also count any miles I walk as well.  This first week of the year I've managed to run 28 miles and ran 6 more today.  If I have an injury I will have to rethink this goal, but so far so good.

I'm excited for Downton Abbey to start tonight, but am still not done with Season 2.  I love that show, but don't have time to sit down by myself and watch it.  Like most shows, I am going to be several seasons behind soon.

The coming week is looking busy....I have to work late 3 nights, my husband has wrestling practice and wrestling meets, gymnastics and piano are starting back up, and my oldest girls are beginning a six week pottery class, and my middle daughter has indoor soccer beginning.  If I'm lucky I might find a few minutes to read!

No comments: