Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012: A Look Back: Fiction and YA

2012 must have been the year of non-fiction. When I read through my list of books I read and started jotting down my favorites, there were many more non-fiction than fiction that made my list.
Here are the adult fiction titles and middle grade/YA titles that were noteworthy for me in 2012.

Best Novel of Suspense a la Single White Female:

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn-click here for review

Best Historical Fiction Novels:


In the Shadow of the Banyan by Vaddey Ratner- click here for review
Cascade by Maryanne O'Hara - click here for review

Best Mystery that I Hope Becomes a Series:
A Killing in the Hills by Julia Keller- click for review

Best 2013 Releases that I Read in 2012:
The Aviator's Wife by Melanie Benjamin- click for review
Cover of Snow by Jenny Michman - click for review

Best Cross-over Adult/YA Novel:
The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth- click for review

Best World War II Book
The Berlin Boxing Club by Robert Sharenow - click for review

Best World War II Mystery Series:

The Girl is Murder by Kathryn Miller Haines - click for review

Best Book Teaching Acceptance of Others:

Wonder by RJ Palacio - click for review

Best Teen Romance:

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick - click for review

I haven't added up my totals from 2012 yet...how can it be January 1 and I already feel as though I am behind? Hopefully later today I get a chance to look over my reading log and read a few of the books that are still in progress. Happy New Year!

No comments: