Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Several weeks ago now I read a variety of posts about the Top 10 Series that various bloggers hadn't finished, but meant to.
Of course, I couldn't get around to posting my own list in a timely manner, but that doesn't mean I wasn't thinking about it.  Especially since I am famous for starting a series and then waiting to read the next installment - saving it for a "just in case I run out of books" moment (that never happens).

So, here is a list of series that I have started but haven't made time to read more of:

1.  I have read the first two books in the Luxe series by Anna Godbersen and really enjoyed them.  I need to get to the last two soon so I can still remember what it is they are about.
2.  Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books are so fun and entertaining.....I have read up through #10, which means I have nine more to read to catch up.
3.  I enjoyed the Hunger Games and Catching Fire, but lost steam with Mockingjay. I still plan on getting around to this.
#4 Meet the Austins....this little series by Madeleine L'Engle is one I want to read to my daughters, thus I stopped reading them myself after the the first one.
#5 I adore Alice.  However, she is growing up and I'm a few books behind AND Naylor just published another prequel novel of Alice's earlier years.
#6 Haddix writes some great high interest books and the Found series is already up to it's 5th installment.  Sadly, I have read just one.
#7 Another series by Haddix- this is a series I managed to keep up with until the last book.  Now it's been so many years, I probably will need to begin again.
#8 -Being behind on Patricia Cornwell's Kay Scarpetta series was intentional at first. I just couldn't get past the fact that Cornwell allowed a character to come back to life. It seemed so unrealistic.  Now, a few years have passed and I might have made peace with that and am willing to try again.
#9 - When the first few Harry Potter books were published, I was just as crazed as everyone else to get my hands on a copy as soon as it came out, but over the years there was enough time in between books that I thought I would need to re-read in order to know what was going on.
#10- Tomie de Paola is one of my favorite authors and every year I read 26 Fairmount Avenue to my kiddos.  I was thrilled as a new title was added to this series nearly every year.  When I read these books to my oldest daughter another installment was published that she read on her own that I still intend to pick up some day.

No comments: