Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pinterest Winner

I have become obsessed with Pinterest and love trying out new recipes.  This recipe is one I found and fell in love with simply because of how colorful it looked.  I will admit my version didn't look so beautiful, but it did taste great.

My own version:

Cut a turkey ring sausage into 1/2 inch pieces.  Saute in skillet. Then put aside.

Break 12 oz. of angel hair pasta in half. Saute in oil in skillet you used for sausage. Then set aside with meat.

Saute 1 1/2 c onion and 1 t garlic powder in skillet.

Add 3 cups of chicken broth, 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained), and diced tomatoes.  Add meat and pasta back in and cook.

At this point my skillet was no longer large enough to hold all of the items, so I moved it to my wok, which worked great.

Add 1 cup of frozen peas (already thawed) and con queso cheese or another favorite type of cheese.

If you care to see the version of this recipe I pinned, click here.

Interestingly enough, while the website claims it is a common Hispanic recipe, the Hispanic families I shared this with at my school had not heard of it.  I loved it and so did my husband. This is one dish that we didn't have to worry about throwing away the leftovers because it was quickly gobbled up.

Each week I am trying to make a point to cook one of the many recipes I pin - if not more.  Luckily most of them are winners!

No comments: