Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Happy Halloween

(an Arctic Princess, Witch, and Girl in a 50s Poodle Skirt)
Here are the three girls before Sunday night's trick or treating.  My hometown had trick or treating on Sunday, and since my brother and his family live there, my kids love to join up with the cousins to take part in this tradition.  Now that my girls are a bit older trick or treating has become more fun. No more stroller-in-and-out at every stop. They just run happily from door to door while I stand back and watch.  Sunday was just a practice session for Wednesday when trick or treating is being held in our town.  Luckily I'm not a huge candy freak, because we already have more at our house than we will ever eat. 

Just Say Boo! by Susan Hood showed up at my house compliments of Harper Collins Publishers and is the perfect Halloween book. My youngest daughter, in kindergarten, enjoys the rhyming text and the fact that she can contribute to the reading a bit herself, chiming in with a "BOO" here and there.  The illustrations, depicting children and parents out for a night of Halloween fun are charming and led to great discussions with my kindergarten students at school.  This is a title I am sharing with lots of students this week and have already purchased for the library - a great addition to my Halloween book collection.

No comments: