Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sunday Salon

5 more weeks of school until summer vacation! You will probably be notified often of the countdown; the 80 degree weather we had in March was such a tease that I think most of the teachers are anxiously anticipating having a break.
Tomorrow night we will be attending Big Sister's State Night at her school. All year she has done research on the state of Massachusetts.  Tomorrow night each student will showcase their "float" - a Radio Flyer wagon decorated like a parade float and do a short presentation.  She has told me several times today how nervous she is.
Middle Sister has soccer practice and a game this week. There's the usual gymnastics class, and Little Sister needs to have her glasses fixed.  The highlight for me is my personal day on Tuesday. Not sure what I have lined up for the day, but I'm excited to report that it will be relaxing, whatever it ends up being.
Yesterday I got up early, drove to the health club and ran nearly 7 miles.  I used to run much further, but have had some different breaks from running over the winter and a broken treadmill.  Seven miles is a fairly nice run.  I am reading Heaven is Here by Stephanie Nielson while running. Even though  my arch hurts today I would love to sneak in a little run to get further in this book.  I have a lot of books coming due at the library - sigh- and no way to read them all. I am trying to prioritize and plan on re-reserving them once they are returned.
This weekend we attended an area swing show.  I would have to say that swing shows seem to be a dying event. I remember attending several in my childhood and always enjoyed the music and short skits.  This was the first time my girls have had a chance to go to one. Although we had to wait for quite a while between when we arrived (in order to get good seats) and when it began, they have already asked if we can attend next year's event.  Today we watched a local Children's Theater production of Alice in Wonderland.  The set and costumes were amazing.  This is not a favorite of mine - I simply don't enjoy fantastical stories like that, but the actors were all good.
The rest of this past week at a glance:
Exercise: 16 miles ran, work-outs 4 out of 5 mornings and both days of the weekend
Food: an entire enormous bag of Peanut Butter M&Ms (no amount of running can make that OK)
Books Read: The Newleyweds by Nell Freudenberger, Curveball by Jordan Sonnenblink, and Love's Unending Legacy by Janette Oke (reviews to come)
How about you? How was your week?

No comments: