Saturday, April 7, 2012

My Contributions to Easter Dinner

Earlier this week my sister-in-law and I talked about what each of us would bring to my parents for Easter dinner. My mom has the ham, potatoes and green bean casserole covered. Anna and I were asked to come up with a few other things. And here it is, Saturday, and while I have thought about what I want to bring, I hadn't really made any firm plans as to what exactly that would be. I did know I would bring fruit, and had purchased a watermelon and grapes yesterday. But that just doesn't seem very exciting. So, I decided to look at the many Pinterest recipes I have pinned and start with some of those.




Unfortunately the first one I made is extremely yummy. So yummy that I can't have this in the house. Monster Cookie Dough Dip could turn into an addiction.


The recipe is extremely easy:

8 oz cream cheese, softened

1/2 c. butter, softened

1/2 c. peanut butter (at least)

Mix together until smooth

Add

1-2 c. powdered sugar

3 T brown sugar

3 T. flour

1 t. vanilla

Mix

Add 1 package M&Ms

1 c. chocolate chips

1 c. oatmeal

Mix.

Depending on how thick you like the dip, more powdered sugar can be added and the amount of peanut butter can also be adjusted.



I served this with pretzels, but graham crackers would taste yummy, too.

No comments: