Sunday, January 1, 2012

Blast From the Past

Maybe no one else enjoys seeing what I was reading a decade ago, but I have had such a good time looking back through my reading notebook during 2011. I look forward to this post each month, sifting through the titles I read ten years ago and picking those that stick out most in my mind.
Here are the highlights from January 2002:


What were you reading a decade ago? Last year at this time? Even though it has been ten years since I read these books, I remember a few snippets from each one. In the case of Carol Goodman, The Lake of Dead Languages was the first book of hers and turned me into a huge fan. I hope that January of 2012 brings more good books my way, and that ten years from now I can reminisce about them as happily as I have these.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tina, I've really enjoyed this feature on your blog. I've not read any of these books, but I think I've had a copy of THE LAKE OF DEAD LANGUAGES for the last 10 years. Does that count? LOL

Ten years ago this month, I read THE HOBBIT, THE REDEMPTION OF SARAH CAIN by Beverly Lewis and an Agatha Raisin mystery. No specific memories of the last two. More of Tolkien.

And, I'll still likely be talking about books now and then on my blog. Just no formal reviews. So, I agree. We seem to have a lot of common feelings about many books. Looking forward to where our reading takes us in 2012.