Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thowback Thursday

The Little Engine That Could by Watty Piper is a classic childrens picture book. We owned a copy of this title and read it over and over. I recall my mother stating that this was my younger sister's favorite read aloud, which would account for the numerous re-readings of it. I still think the message of perseverance is a good one for children, and I am always a little surprised at how few students I have that have ever heard this book.
The Little Engine That Could brings back happy childhood memories, and seeing this familiar cover makes me want to find my own copy to share with my children.

2 comments:

Karen Greenberg said...

Last year I had a friend who was starting a new business venture. She was nervous and felt she wasn't good enough. Giving her this book as a gift was just the confidence booster she needed. I love the message in this story for young and older alike!

Anonymous said...

This was definitely one of my favorite childhood books. I can't imagine anyone not having heard of it! I ought to go find my old copy...I'm sure it's around here somewhere!