Thursday, October 27, 2011

Throwback Thursday



Remember when I wrote about Tiger Eyes by Judy Blume as my Throwback Thursday pick? I promised then that it would not be the only title by Blume to make this list. It's Not the End of the World by Blume is a book I re-read over and over and over. I'm not sure why I loved this book so much, but I would get done with it and just start right over reading it again.

Karen is upset by her parents' seperation and divorce. Her older brother, Jeff, and younger sister, Amy, are dealing with it in their own way. Karen feels stuck in the middle, unable to relate to her friends at school anymore. She meets up with another girl whose mother is divorced while spending the weekend at her father's new apartment and this new friend is able to offer her some advice. Nothing is easily resolved in this novel, but Blume's book covers a topic known to many, many children.

No comments: