Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday Salon

Today I am feeling rather lazy. Yesterday we had an almost all day Professional Development at school. This is what happens when your school gets the distinction of being a School In Need of Assistance and now a Persistently Low Achieving School. The meeting itself was not horrible, but the jobs that I normally get done on the weekend don't get done when I spend half the time at work.
I did finish Chris Bohjalian's latest book, which I will review tomorrow. I am still thinking about it and trying to decide what more I can say beyong "read it for yourself." I loved it. Now I am working on a tween novel.

My middle daughter had a Halloween party at a friend's house, and while she was there the other two girls went to my parents' house to carve pumpkins. I decided to go shopping and found a pair of jeans, shirt and two necklaces. None were essential, but I have been on a clothes buying kick lately. It needs to stop, yet fall and winter clothes are my favorites. And since we seem to need to wear them for most of the year I like having variety.

I managed to acquire quite a few books this week, too. Peaceful Reader had a book fair at her school and I found a few things there. One of my book orders from Scholastic arrived. A title I ordered long ago from Amazon showed up, and I finally signed up for Net Galley and did the crazy thing of downloading 15 titles.

This coming week is looking a bit cooler here. Sigh. There's still lots to get done tonight, and I have one book on my kindle and one sitting right here from the library that I can't wait to get to.

No comments: