Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sunday Salon




Yesterday I got so busy cleaning that I barely found time to read. This rarely happens to me. Usually I let my cleaning wait and the reading sort of takes me over. Books suck me right in. However, I go back to school on Wednesday and I have been on a mission to de-clutter my house. I still will have too many books, but as far as other stuff goes, I am being fairly ruthless. I am up to seven bags of trash and 4 vanloads of stuff that is going to my in-laws to be put on a garage sale. There is another load at least waiting in the basement.

Last night we went to an 80's party and in the process of digging through my closet found lots of stuff at the bottom of it that I could also part with. Soon I will be going in there with a trash bag to begin dumping out. It is a good feeling to just get rid of this stuff. Honestly, trying to find places for things and having all this clutter is sort of stressful. If we had a house with some storage space it would all be fine, but we have a split level home with next to no storage space. Therefore we just need to keep less stuff. We'll see how far I get on this enormous project. My husband has been a bit amazed - perhaps even scared- of all the bags he sees leaving our home.


This is us before the party. Notice the popped collar on my husband. I don't have much for 80s clothing at all - but my good friend, Robin, was happy to loan me her Esprit butterfly shirt. I actually really like it for 2011.


Before I officially go back to work I have a few unofficial work things I need to get done like on-line trainings for bloodborne pathogens and three others we need to complete each year. I have a massage scheduled for Tuesday, the girls would like to go to the pool a few more times (and the weather is sunny and hot), and I plan on sitting down today and reading some more of The Soldier's Wife by Margaret Leroy.

What about you? What do you have planned for this Sunday?

No comments: