Monday, May 2, 2011

April Recap

April has been rainy and cold here, but for some reason despite the fact that this is perfect reading weather, I read fewer books this month than any other this year. I still ended with 25 books read for April - not too shabby, really, and hopefully May will see me reading a few more on these towering stacks sitting around my home. I also have a separate link on the sidebar of the blog listing books I have read, but I can't get the list to post without it deleting all the hard returns I've put in. Thus, it looks like a paragraph and not a list, and is way too ugly to read.
Until I figure that out, I will just need to do a monthly post on this blog.

1. The Revenge of the Radioactive Lady by Elizabeth Stuckey-French
2. Bringing Adam Home by Les Standiford
3. Three Stages of Amazement by Carol Edgarian
4. Boys in Control by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
5. Learning to Swim by Sara Henry
6. United by Meredith Baxter Birney
7. Second Fiddle by Roseanne Parry
8. The Great Wall of Lucy Wu by Wendy Wan-Long Shang
9. Split by Swati Avashti
10. Amelia Lost by Candace Fleming
11. The Children in Room E-4
12. Girls Rule by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
13. Where She Went by Gayle Foreman
14. Deadly by Julie Chibarro
15. History of a Suicide by Jill Bialosky
16. Tiger Tiger by Margeaux Fragoso
17. Fallen Grace by Mary Hooper
18. Made for You and Me by Caitlyn Shetterly
19. Big Girl Small by Rachel DeWoskin
20. Small as an Elephant by Jennifer Richard Jacobs
21. The Girls Take Over by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
22. Cleaning Nabakov's House by Leslie Daniels
23. Queen of Water by Laura Resau
24. The Other Life by Ellen Meister
25. Emily and Einstein by Linda Francis Lee

12 of 25 were YA/Middle Grade
13 were Adult
7 were non-ficti0n, 18 fiction
Only 1 of 25 books was written by a male author
5 were books I own, 20 were library books

I know several other bloggers list their plans for the upcoming month, already having a list of books they intend to get to. While I do have stacks of library books checked out that I do intend to get to, I don't have an actual list of other books I plan on reading. I have a few ideas in my head, but then if something catches my eye, I am famous for going into an entirely different direction. So, we shall see what May brings.

1 comment:

PragmaticMom said...

Wow, you are a prolific reader! I wish I could read that many books in a month! I did read The Great Wall of Lucy Wu and LOVED it. I have a post on it here that I wanted to share with you: http://www.pragmaticmom.com/?p=15649

I will check out more books on your list but it will take me much longer than a month to read them! LOL! Thanks for sharing your list!