Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Meet Einstein

Meet Einstein by Mariela Kleiner, illustrated by Viviana Garofoli was sent to me by its publicist, JKS Communications. I have long been looking for a book for young readers about Albert Einstein and voila! This is it!

In this picture book, the end pages show the different scientific equipment used in experiments. The text is written for primary students to understand - just a line or two of text per page. Readers will understand that Einstein was a scientist. That scientists ask a lot of questions and make a lot of discoveries. And that Einstein's work focused on light and gravity. At book's end there ia page for parents giving more information as well as some questions to generate discussion and thinking with children.
Garofoli's colorful illustrations are fun and engaging.
This book is a must have for school libraries. At first I was planning to share my copy with my students, but after having read and reviewed it, I will be ordering another one - this one is too good to give up!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Have you read the children's book "Odd Boy Out"? It's a picture book about Einstein and is that perfect mix of educational and fun. I really liked it (there's a review on my blog ... somewhere :)