Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Day!


Even though I won't be excited about making up snow days in the spring, I am awfully excited about having an unplanned day off. My initial plan - doing some housework- was met with resistance by my daughters. My oldest daughter explained that snow days were meant for having fun. I think that was true for up until about 5 PM. At that point, she became bored and has been bothering everyone. Now it seems she would like to leave the house. This is not going to happen because it has started snowing again, and the forecast is for 5-8 more inches overnight. At this rate, tomorrow will also be a snow day.

So, what have I been up to? I have added lots of books to my reserve list at the library. I have finished off Bad Apple by Laura Ruby (review yet to come) and will finish Wish by Joseph Monninger tonight. I started The Winter of our Disconnect by Susan Maushart on my kindle. This seems sort of ironic since she is un-plugging for technology to write this book, and I am plugging in to technology to read it. Oh, well. So far it is enjoyable. I have made some cheeseburger soup - a perfect dish for a snowy day- that we have all enjoyed. I paid some bills. I talked on the phone. I have enjoyed my time off, and with any luck will have even more time off tomorrow.

1 comment:

Peaceful Reader said...

Three cheers for today's snow day!! My fingers are crossed for tomorrow as well.