Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday Five

Friday Five is hosted by Kate at Kate's Library.
This week's picks:

1. IndieBound has announced their newest kid picks for winter. I love looking at these lists! This season there aren't as many YA choices I am interested in, but I still enjoy seeing what is getting the buzz.

2. This year I have done more winter baking than in any other year I can remember. I find this interesting because this is the year that I have also started a diet right during the holidays and I have successfully avoided eating all my tasty treats. This latest recipe I saw on Smitten Kitchen, recommended from Janssen at Everyday Reading. Don't the caramel chocolate crackers look awesome?

3. Looking for challenges to take part in in 2011? Visit Novel Challenges to see an assortment of challenges you can join. I'm still trying to decide which ones I want to enter.

4. Today (the last day of class) I had students enjoying the games at NorthPole.com. It was amazing! No one complained about what games they could pick. There was an assortment that all the students found engaging.

5. The Red Umbrella by Christina Diaz Gonzalez was a fabulous read. I was so excited to get an email from her volunteering to skype with a group of students from my school who read this book. I will need to plan something for 2011 and a group of kids. I am also enjoying looking at her website.


2 comments:

Kate said...

Hey! Great five this week. Thanks for introducing me to the "Smitten Kitchen"!

Beth said...

I just found your blog through my blog stat's- you are a source! Thanks so much for listing me in the blogs you read. I really appreciate it. I will be back for sure.