Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday




Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week's pick:
Night Road by Kristin Hannah
To Be Released in March 2011
Taken from Bookreporter.com:
Jude Farraday is a happily married, stay-at-home mom who puts everyone’s needs above her own. Her twins, Mia and Zach, are bright and happy teenagers. When Lexi Baill enters their lives, no one is more supportive than Jude. A former foster child with a dark past, Lexi quickly becomes Mia’s best friend. Then Zach falls in love with Lexi, and the three become inseparable. But senior year of high school brings unexpected dangers, and one night, Jude’s worst fears are confirmed: there is an accident. In an instant, her idyllic life is shattered and her close-knit community is torn apart. People --- and Jude --- demand justice, and when the finger of blame is pointed, it lands solely on 18-year-old Lexi Baill

10 comments:

Belinda said...

Cool cover. Hopefully when you get to read it, you'll post your review and I'll be back to see how you liked it.

Come by and read my WOW
http://thebookishsnob.blogspot.com

Tina said...

Another Tina here! ;)
It looks awesome! I hope that you get to read it soon - I'll be back for the review too!
●▬▬▬๑۩ Tina @ Book Couture's WOW ۩๑▬▬▬▬●

June G said...

This sounds interesting. Don't hear much about foster children. Thanks.

Book Sake said...

This sounds like it has some drama in it!

Our pick is at BookSake.

Anonymous said...

This one sounds really creepy, and in a way I can't help wondering why is it that foster children are often presented as dangerous at least on paper.
It does sound intriguing.

Kt Clapsadl said...

Ooo.. Sounds interesting.
I hope you enjoy your book!

Here is my Waiting on Wednesday Post

Be sure to check out my 100 Followers Contest Here:
A Book Obsession..

Alayne said...

Nice pick! Hope you get it when it comes out. My WOW is at The Crowded Leaf.

Cecelia said...

Yeesh. This one sounds scary! I like the cover, though. Nice pick!

If you'd like, you can check out my WoW here.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

my aunt loves this author! great pick

Kaye said...

Ooh, I love Kristin Hannah. Great pick! Enjoy it when it comes out.