Monday, April 12, 2010

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


"There was something Marcella had to figure out. She did not know what it was, but she could find it only in Mashantum. She had not been there in seven years, since the divorce. Since the last summer with Cecil (203)."


The Swimming Pool by Holly LeCraw
This cover makes me wish for summer! I have been hearing a lot about this one lately, so I am excited to be getting into it.

15 comments:

Clarissa said...

I defintly agree with you about the cover!

Here is my teaser
http://limpetsandpenguins.blogspot.com/2010/04/teaser-tuesday-100413.html

Audrey said...

That sounds and looks like a great summer read!
You can find mine HERE

Heather said...

Sounds like a great summer read. I've been hearing more about this one the past week myself. Enjoy!
My post: Plaster and Poison

Rebecca Chapman said...

ooo, that sounds really good. I want to know what happened that last summer with Cecil!

Anonymous said...

I wonder what she's going to find there! Great teaser :)

pussreboots said...

Beautiful cover. My teaser is from The Language of Bees.

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about the cover. I too have been hearing some good things about this book so i hope you enjoy it. Here's my teaser:

http://bookventuresbookclub.blogspot.com/2010/04/teaser-tuesdays.html

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, I've had my eye on this one!

Here's mine:

http://rainysnowday.wordpress.com/2010/04/13/teaser-tuesdays-7/

Jan von Harz said...

Going back to a place where memories hold answers, it sound intriguing. Enjoy!

Amy said...

I've heard some good things about this one. Good teaser.

Marg said...

We are having our first really cool night here, so that cover does look enticing!


My teaser is here

Alayne said...

This definitely sounds like an interesting book. Great teaser. My teaser is from Romancing Miss Bronte at The Crowded Leaf.

Tales of Whimsy said...

Great one!

Here is my Teaser Tuesday :)

Missy B. said...

This book seems to be very popular. Good tease!

tweezle said...

This on is in my TBR pile. Great teaser!

Here's my teaser for this week.