Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What Was I Thinking?

Today I was able to attend a morning session at the local AEA listening to different people book talk new children and young adult books. The good news is that I have many of the titles listed on the bibliography already, and the even better news is that there are some titles I don't have that sound interesting that I will happily order. Afterwards I had enough time to visit a nearby public library. Years ago I had a library card there, but haven't really allowed myself to go in lately because I already use three other public libraries. And, really. How many books do I think I can read? Today the library was calling my name, so I did let myself stop and browse. Of course I found a few books I really wanted to read. Checking them out is so much better than purchasing them, that I just couldn't resist getting yet another library card.

My picks?




Somewhere Towards the End by Diana Athill



The Confederate General Rides North by Amanda C. Gable



Mathilda Savitcfh by Victor Lodato



Belle in the Big Apple by Brooke Parkhurst



and


A Ticket To Ride by Paula McLain

1 comment:

Peaceful Reader said...

They all sound interesting...looks like you will be reading all weekend!!