Monday, February 1, 2010

On My List

I can't believe it is bedtime and I have yet to write a book review today. Where did my day go? Well, school was a busy place today. One wing of my building had Promethean boards installed. So far I have only made it to four classrooms to show teachers how to turn them on, hook their computers to them, and some basic operating skills. I had a meeting after school til 6, at which point I drove home, picked up my kids and took them to gymnastics until 8 PM. So, it is after 9 PM and the girls are sort-of in bed and honestly I am beat. At 4:15 AM I repeat this whole routine again.

The two most pressing things I want to blog about before I get too far behind:
The fact that the girls have decided to write down and look up different words we run across in our nightly reading, or even in conversation. Last night we wrote down insomnia, incinerate, shears, unkempt, molting, eucalyptus, hasten, and gaudy. Most of these were from Mitch and Amy by Beverly Cleary. My oldest daughter is intending to write these down on her own blog.

The fact that Peaceful Reader nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger award - my first - and that I have been jotting down some notes so that I can pass on this award to some other great blogs and bloggers.

I am hoping tomorrow brings a few more free minutes for me to actually sit down and get my thoughts organized. It's good to be busy, but a few moments of peace wouldn't hurt my feelings, either.

1 comment:

Peaceful Reader said...

Wow, that is a crazy day!! I only had gymnastics and yoga-no FINO for me:) Hope tomorrow is more peaceful for you.