Sunday, February 21, 2010

Library Loot


Another trip to the library yesterday - I meant to return books and not check anything out, but one look at the shelves and I found several new titles calling my name. I did give up on Going Bovine by Libba Bray, this year's Michael Printz award winner. Maybe I am just not the type of person to appreciate these Printz award books, but I couldn't get through Jellicoe Road last year and even 150 pages in to Going Bovine and I really didn't care one way or the other about this book. I know a committe of some very intelligent people who are very current on their young adult literature decide on this award, but I found it interesting that after both of my high school co-op students looked it over, neither one of them seemed the least bit interested in it, either - between the title and the cover there is like zero appeal.


Here is this week's library loot - that I am just adding to my leftover loot!

Young Adult Selections:

Steinbeck's Ghost by Lewiz Buzbee

Hidden Voices by Pat Lowery Collins

The Smile by Donna Jo Napoli

A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn

Looks by Madeleine George

The Real Real by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus


Adult Selections:

The Power of Half by Kevin Salwen and Hannah Salwen


Honolulu by Alan Brennert

No comments: