Monday, January 4, 2010

First Day Back

Whew! What a busy day! I anticipated being busy, but maybe didn't realize quite how much I needed to get done today. I only briefly got to visit my computer lab that had brand new computers installed over break. I also only briefly looked at the new books I received at school during break. I can't wait til I have more time to pore over them. There are a lot of books I want to read, and just not enough time to get them all done. Tonight I felt like we have all rushed around at home (due mostly to my after school meeting that lasted til 6 PM) and have not really had time to get anything done. I am almost ready to head to bed myself. I can't decide exactly what book I am going to work on....I am leaning toward Anne of Green Gables. After all these years, I have always just assumed I read it while growing up, but after starting it, I don't think I have ever read it. Not a single word is jogging my memory. The exciting thing about Anne is that it is the first book I am reading on my Kindle. That was my big Christmas present from my husband, and I feel like I have hardly had time to appreciate it yet. Usually we don't get each other big gifts, but this year he kept telling me what a great job he had done on my Christmas present. I never thought he would come up with a Kindle on his own. I have to admit I did not do nearly as well for him.
Tomorrow I hope to have a Teaser Tuesday post and perhaps even another since I should have a book or two I am finishing up.

No comments: