Friday, December 18, 2009

Random Friday

Once again this is a Random Friday post...after finishing up my last day of school before break, I am not sure I can actually compose a book review at this point.
I am so going to enjoy my two full weeks off. My daughters have school on Monday and Tuesday which will leave me with a bit of time to finish up wrapping and shopping and organizing. I also have some new books that arrived this week that should give some people some serious book envy: The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson showed up on Monday. Larsson's first two books: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played with Fire were wonderful (despite the fact that I almost passed them up because of their strange covers). The third title won't be released here in the United States until mid 2010, but the United Kingdom has them available and I was lucky enough to get one from Book Depository (an online bookseller) for $23 with free shipping. I am ready to get reading on this one.
Today I received Nanny Returns by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus from a pre-Christmas Amazon purchase for myself. I really liked The Nanny Diaries, so this one is also calling my name.
Other weekend activities include the Christmas program at church on Sunday and working at the library tomorrow morning. I also need to get busy and do some cleaning. The mountain of laundry in our tv room is out of control right now.
Let Christmas break begin!

No comments: