Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Thoughts

I have been checking out blogs and reading everyone else's lists of things they are thankful for. I could write an incredibly long list of the blessings I have in my life, but foremost in my thoughts (which it probably always will be) is the fact that four years ago on Thanksgiving Day my husband and I sat in the hospital with our oldest daughter waiting to have a CT scan and then get the results. We were devastated to find out that she had what they later diagnosed as Stage IV hepatoblastoma, a rare childhood liver cancer. Thanksgiving Day has a different meaning in our lives, and while I doubt I will ever be thankful for my child to have to endure chemotherapy and a life-threatening surgery and disease, there were blessings along the way. Today we are extremely thankful for our eight year old daughter and her sisters who are all healthy and happy. Each day we are reminded what a gift they are and how fortunate we are to have them and our friends and family who have been with us through good times and bad.
So, Happy Thanksgiving! We will be hosting Thanksgiving dinner at our house and counting our many blessings.

2 comments:

Alix said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

I'm so glad all your daughters are healthy and happy now.

Lisa said...

Happy Thanksgiving, a day late. I can't imagine how much better this Thanksgiving was for you than that one.