Saturday, November 21, 2009

Library Loot


I looked back through some of my old posts and noticed that I started 2009 by doing a Library Loot post. I'm not entirely sure why I gave it up, except that I might have the same stash of books for a lot longer than a week or two, so there was little new to report. Today I did get to two libraries, and my stack, while not gone, has been pretty thinned out. I felt like I could check out a few new things and maybe even get to them fairly soon.

Here's what I got:


Adult Selections:

Mennonite in a Little Black Dress by Rhoda Janzen

Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls

Whistlin' Dixie in a Nor'Easter by Lisa Patton

A Wish For Christmas by Thomas Kinkade

Age Is Just a Number by Dara Torres

Barack and Michelle: Portrait of a Marriage by Christopher Andersen

Not Becoming My Mother by Ruth Reichl


Young Adult Selections:

Skunk Girl by Sheba Karim

Escape by Sea by L. S. Lawrence

If You Live Like Me by Lori Weber

Just Another Hero by Sharon Draper

Claudette Colvin by Phillip Hoose


I also started Labor Day by Joyce Maynard today and am hoping to finish it up later tonight.


Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Labor Day by Joyce Maynard fiction or non-fiction? I was so into her memoirs and articles she used to write when her kids were little. I am anxious to hear what it is about and if you liked it.

Peaceful Reader said...

ahh, that's a lot of books!! Happy Reading!