Saturday, November 14, 2009

Christmas Shopping

I know it isn't even Thanksgiving yet, but I have been in the mood to start thinking about Christmas. That means I need to figure out what I am giving people. Of course, I love to get books so I am delighted that my oldest daughter is asking for them as well. I have been checking out various blogs, looking on Amazon, and trying to get an idea of which books will be the ones I choose. Right now my purchases are usually a success, and I dread the day when she turns her nose up at the books I recommend. My middle daughter told me she didn't really need any books, which is what she may think, but I know a few will show up for her as well. And my littlest daughter will get a few as well. I have also created a fairly long list of books I want/need.
Right now I haven't finished anything that I can review. We spent the day at my aunt and uncle's house, eating an early Thanksgiving dinner and then watching the first half of a football game. Hopefully tomorrow I can review Cherries in Winter: My Family's Recipe for Hope in Hard Times by Suzan Colon. I received an ARC of it a few weeks ago and have been excited to see it reviewed in People and on the shelf at Barnes and Noble.
I also have a few other books I am working on this weekend, so if I can find some free time I might be able to get several books done. I just need more hours in my day.

1 comment:

Peaceful Reader said...

I am glad your Saturday was well spent. I did not get enough reading time in today, which is really so par for the course!!