Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Girl Who Played With Fire


Most of the blogs I have been reading are all about wanting the book Catching Fire, the sequel to the Hunger Games. I want to read that one, but I have really been waiting for The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson, the sequel to The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I loved every single page of this book and could hardly put it down. I picked up Tattoo over Christmas after looking at it for a long time at the library. The cover just totally turned me off. I know that's shallow, but it just goes to show how important the cover is. After reading so many glowing reviews I decided to give it a try and absolutely loved it. Turns out that the second book is getting even better reviews than the first, which is hard for me to believe.

All the characters from Tattoo are back. In this installment Mikael Blomquist and his gang from the magazine Millenium are taking on the Swedish sex trade and planning to expose some of the johns responsible for using underage girls. Before anything is published, however, two people working with Millenium are murdered. Lisbeth Salander, the anti-social, brilliant computer hacker is the suspected murderer. Every single page is full of suspense and clues that are being unraveled. Larsson has also created an ending that both frustrated and satisfied. I wish the third book in this series were already for sale because it seems things are just heating up toward the novel's end.

If you haven't read this book yet, you need to. Both of these books are some of the best I have read this year.

No comments: