Sunday, December 28, 2008

Random Thoughts

Oh, what a Christmas break. Yesterday was my birthday and my wedding anniversary. Of course we have received so much icky winter weather that yesterday was no exception, and the plans we had made to go out to supper never materialized. I guess that was the least of my worries, however, since after I ate supper at home my stomach hurt so badly I never made it off the couch and ended up throwing up twice. Happy Birthday to me. Today we are supposed to be having Christmas at my parents' house, but due to bad weather my sister and her fiancee didn't want to drive and so our celebration is postponed. The girls' Christmas program at church has been postponed twice now and might actually take place next Sunday. By then they won't even remember the songs or their parts. The roads aren't great, but cabin fever has set in, so we drove to my parents' house anyway, and the girls each got to open one gift and I get to be on a computer that has high speed internet access. Tomorrow I am determined to get to go shopping for a while, and we are still trying to finalize plans to see the movie Marley and Me. I did get a little more reading done, and am happy to report that my oldest daughter has spent some quality time with a few of the books she received for Christmas.
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson is the adult book I am reading now. I am not very impressed with the cover so I had it sitting on a pile for a while now, but after getting started on it, I am really enjoying it. I just wish I had more time for uninterrupted reading. When I looked at the author information in the back flap of the book I was excited to see there are two more books in this series, the next to be published in the summer of 2009, but sad to learn that the author passed away after he had sold his books. Talk about bad luck.

2 comments:

Peaceful Reader said...

Is the book any good? I really like The Abstinence Teacher but again I am on the computer instead of reading it!! Sorry to hear you were sick last night after I talked to you!!

Anonymous said...

You got sick after I talked to you!? What a crappy birthday. My shopping trip today was okay. N. has a million toys but all he wants to do is watch TV. UGH!

Kristin