For several years I've picked a collection of books I planned to read over the summer months. Last year I chose sixteen books - and for the first time ever, I actually read all of them. After that success I decided to pick a collection of books for the fall and winter months, and reverted to my usual lack of ability to read from a list (only finishing 25% of them).
This summer I've picked twelve titles I plan to read. Since I like picking up whatever strikes my fancy, this isn't too restrictive for me. Some have been on my TBR list for a long time, so I'm hoping this will be what finally gets me to read them. I've also brought a lot of books home from school with good intentions of getting through many of them so I have more to recommend to my students.
I've been off of work for nearly two days and am halfway through my third book of the summer. I know I can't keep that up, but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.
And these twelve books are the ones I hope to get through for sure along with a lot of other great reads by the time I return to school in August.
1. Take Me Home Tonight by Morgan Matson - YA
2. Seven Days in June by Tia Williams - Adult Romance
3. Anne of Avonlea by Lucy Maud Montgomery - classic - middle grade/YA
4. Jo and Laurie by Margaret Stohl and Melissa de la Cruz - YA
5. The Burning Blue by Kevin Cook -Non Fiction
6. American Sherlock by Kate Winkler Dawson - Non Fiction
7. Gilead by Marilynne Robinson - classic - Adult Fiction
8. A Trick of the Light by Louise Penny - Adult Mystery
9. Majesty by Katharine McGhee - YA
10. Devil in the White City by Erik Larson - Adult Non Fiction
11. That Summer by Jennifer Weiner- Adult Fiction
12. The Great Circle by Maggie Shipstead - Adult Fiction
Every single book on this list looks great to me and I'm ready to start reading!
What books are you planning to read this summer? Do you make a list or just decide what to read as you go?