Friday, October 27, 2017

Friday Five: The Day Before I Freeze at State XC

Tomorrow is the state XC meet in Fort Dodge. Because it's always fun to wait until the last minute, I will be looking for a pair of black base layer leggings/tights tonight after work.  Apparently at the state meet you cannot even have reflectors of any size (Big Sister's are super small) on them at all.  Every day when I've checked the weather the Saturday forecast has dropped a few more degrees. I've even seen the dreaded s-word.  At this point I am going to need to pack all my winter clothes. We'll be there from about 9 AM until the teams run at 2:00.   I'm cold just thinking about it.  

But chilly thoughts aside, I did find some great things online:







1.  Vintage Geometric Print Dress - this popped up in my Facebook feed, and although I know nothing about this company, I think this dress is really cute.







2.  Owl Sweater - Loft is having a great sale right now (they seem to have one nearly every week). I like the colors in this one a lot - and the owl theme, too.


Owl Sweater


3.  Gilded Pendant Layering Necklace - I have a horrible track record with necklaces- finding them and not getting them tangled up.  However, I do really like this one.


Gilded Pendant Layering Necklace Set


4.  Mystic Falls Top - Sundance has such beautiful clothes. I love the color of this top so much.






5. Big Daddy's Antiques Reclaimed Wood Bed - someday I want to redo my bedroom. I am sick of the bed we have and would love to trade it in for one like this.  This is the Pottery Barn (and overpriced) version.

6.  Women's Shaped Layering Turtleneck - I am ordering this turtleneck for sure. I have a need to update a few things like turtlenecks and I love the crisp look of this. I've also gone through in my mind all the different items I can wear with this top.



Women's Shaped Layering Turtleneck

7.  Time After Time Dress - I rarely get dressed up. But, after seeing this dress, I am wishing I had somewhere to wear this dress. It is beautiful.




8.   Women's JWA Fair Isle Crewneck Cardigan  - here's the latest from Uniqlo. It comes in a few color options and the price for a fair isle sweater is just about right.






9.  Women's Active Shaker Sweater - this sweater comes in a variety of colors- almost all of which I would be happy with.


product image


10.  Women's Lake Crescent Jacket - and I'm pretty much about anything fuzzy or furry.  And warm.  Right about now I'm wishing I had this to wear tomorrow.







11.  KidLit Drink Night Podcast - I've listened to an episode featuring Alan Gratz.  I loved it.  



So how about you? What's caught your eye this week?

1 comment:

Ti said...

You're right. That Loft sale is pretty sweet. I clicked on Bags and got an "access denied" message. Ain't that the truth? Hahahaha.

I have a Christmas party that will require me to actually buy an outfit. I wonder what I will get! I am so horrible at shopping.