Friday, June 17, 2016

Friday Five


Well, I've made it through my first week of summer vacation. The only thing that seems incredible about that is the fact that I feel like June is almost over and we just got out of school.  

My normal summer routine includes lots of pool time and reading. This year I'm mixing it up a little bit and doing some deep cleaning.

Yesterday was Operation Clean the Garage.  Absolutely disgusting. I should have taken before and after photos, but since I didn't, you'll just have to trust me when I say that it looks like a totally different place.

Which will last about a week until people (which means my children and husband) start leaving things wherever they feel like).

With all this cleaning and de-cluttering, I shouldn't even think about buying anything new to bring into the house, but there are always cute things to be found online.

Here are a few from this week:





1.  Everyday Twill Shorts
I don't think this picture does these shorts justice. My friend, Jill, wore them to a golf tournament we played in last weekend. She paired them with a green tank that really brought out the colors in the shorts.




2.  Hibiscus Print Dress- I love this dress and since it's been super hot this week, it would be a great thing to throw on for a sweltering summer day. Unfortunately Title Nine doesn't make it easy to share photos of their clothing, so I'm sorry for any eye strain I may cause you as you try to look at this picture.






3.  Factory Embroidered Yoke Tank Top- Big Mama had this one featured on her blog and seeing it reminded me of the fact that I used to own a shirt somewhat like this.  Unfortunately it was sort of cheap and didn't last long.  I still like the style and right now JCrew has 40%.








4.  Brooks Ravenna 6 Running Shoes - I couldn't find my running shoes the other day and ended up wearing a different pair to run on the treadmill. You wouldn't think that a pair of shoes made such a big deal, but they do. My lower leg was much more tired than when I normally run. I did find my running shoes two days later but I also ordered a new pair since Sierra Trading Post has some great sales.  These will be my new running shoes when I retire my old ones.


5.    Trooping the Colour 2016 - Charlotte makes her debut.  She is way too cute!





And that is it for this week. What's caught your eye?

No comments: